Brain Farts

 

Blogging is a form of therapy for me. It's not about getting any kind of an audience, it's about brainfarting mostly, spilling my inner thoughts onto a blog is like the age-old 'dear diary' and I've always been rubbish at keeping those, so this is a better alternative. 

So what's up? Work is still shit. Still dealing on a daily basis with a weird mixture of over-entitlement, and curmudgeonly "I know better than you do" stuff. Also a lot of politics, a lot a lot of politics, and still with no real sign of a retirement date that would be 'sooner' rather than 'later'. 

Home life. Holiday is upcoming so loads of anxiety about the usual stuff. Travel anxiety, organisation anxiety, foreign language anxiety, you name it and I'm overthinking it but I've never had a holiday yet where I've actually come back feeling like it wasn't a good time, so there's that. 

Kiddo is waiting on her exam results. It's a tense time, feels like we're all holding our collective breaths with a lot of preparation for good results, and next to none for bad ones. The timing is terrible (it will literally just give us weeks to work out a plan B if things don't go to plan) but I have a lot of confidence in kiddo, she'll have done great. 

A week or so ago I went back to two of the places I grew up. My Uncle's village in Wiltshire, and our old home in North London. The latter was a real eye-opener, with my ailing memory struggling to recall much about that time other than it was fuckmungously hard and we were really poor, yet somehow managed to survive. The place itself had changed a fair bit but not massively in 48 years, which was a real shock that there are still bits of London that have remained 'as was'

Mentally I'm doing OK at the moment. I still feel like I need to make huge sweeping changes to work, to where we live, and to my health but in the summer (which is when I suffer from my own weird form of Seasonal Affective Disorder - I just can't function in the heat) I never get anything meaningful done. 

Comments