Death Stranding - The Directors Cut" (Version tested: PS5)

 




I'm lying in my private room, rubbing my sore shoulders and staring at the weird artifacts around me. I'm resting fitfully as a baby in a strange little tank across the room gurgles happily. I know before long I'm going to have to go back out there...

I pick up my order, it's heavy. I want the comfort of driving it to its destination in my van, but this is mountainous terrain and my destination is at the very top of a snowy peak. How can someone live like that? Why do they need performance underwear? My job is not to ask why, just to get on with the job. 

Everything is loaded onto my back and I'm off, staggering up the ramp of the delivery centre and trying to keep my balance as the weight of the load tries to pull me backwards. My boots are worn and the charge on my exoskeleton is running out. Better find a power station, and soon. 

As i'm trudging up the impossibly steep gradient I spy metal in a lost container. I keep thinking about the road I started to build to make my job easier. I could really use that metal but it's in a heavy container, and I'm already overloaded. If I come back to it later, it might not be there. 

I am Sam. Sam I am. 


Comments