Welcome to "The Anxious Clown" - A sort of irregular blog thing.



So where does an award winning ex-book-blogger go when the book blog is handed its gold watch, retirement card and given a peck on the cheek before heading off into the sunset? It'll be a tough act to follow, said without any notion of big-headedness - just that "ReadItDaddy" took up such a huge chunk of our lives for so long that I'm a bit stuck with what to do next. 

Suddenly, for the first time in what feels like forever, I've got time on my hands. Precious, delicious, delightful time. 

I've got ideas. Lots of ideas but I've also ended up here..on a semi occasional blog I'm going to call (for now at least) "The Anxious Clown" (purely because it's one of the few bits of Daniel Handler's writing that made me guiltily laugh out loud). 

It's the perfect description of me really. Raddled with grown-up anxieties but always with an aim to make people laugh, or at least distract them from the machinations of their day long enough to raise a smile. 

Clowns though. Ugh, where to start. 

I don't know about you but clowns still freak me out. Why do they instil such fear in so many people?

Is it purely because we all remember watching Tim Curry as "Pennywise" in Stephen King's "It" and that his performance has somehow woven itself into our collective nightmares? Or is it just that there's something quite horrific about a fixed rictus grin on an otherwise forlorn face? 

Anyway, the real purpose of this blog is to mix things up a bit. No daily slush pile of books to work through, less frequent posts giving me time to chew each word 75 times before committing it to the page, mixing reviews, musings and other stuff but this time it's just me, so apologies in advance if it turns into a total bore-fest and I give it a viking funeral before it reaches its 1 week anniversary...!

But if you stick with it, a huge thank you! Welcome to "The Anxious Clown". Stay awhile, stay FOREVER (no wait, that sounded a bit sinister. Look, have a read and maybe it'll turn out OK!)

Comments